Friday, October 1, 2010

Life is TOO short!

Hello World!

Although healthy eating habits are extremely important, life is just TOO short not to indulge once and a while! I say this while I sip my last Panera Frozen Caramel and munch on their Fuji Apple Chicken Salad and whole wheat baguette, my last cheat meal until December!


YUMMMMYYYY!!!!!

Better BELIEVE that Bad Boy was finished in about 5 minutes! hahaha!

A couple tips about when you do indulge in a cheat meal:

1. As far as burning it off goes, it is best to have your cheat meal midday or before, but there is a catch to that! The problem with eating those yummy sugary/fatty/salty DELICIOUS foods earlier in the day is that it triggers your hormones and it is 10x more difficult to resist further cravings! So it's basically a pick your poison kind of thing, LOL!

2. I'll admit, I went waayyy off course with a FROZEN CARAMEL...I'm not even going to bother looking up the calorie, sugar, sodium, etc. for this devilish delight...otherwise I might cry myself to sleep tonight (ONLY KIDDING!) When you do have a cheat meal, and if you are going to with something like...THAT...try to balance it out with something a little more on the healthy side! For instance my personal fave and complex carb Whole Wheat Baguette.  With this combination, you are getting something (semi) good in, while pleasing your inner rebel ;)

3. Portion Control...fairly self-explainatory.  I'm not saying eat a crumb...buutttt try as much as you can not to eat the WHOLE cake either.  Your tummy will thank you!

4. Have your cheat meal, enjoy it, and then do not make it an option to cave a cheat again! If that means really going all out on your cheat, do it! Make the commitment though, that after it is said and done, you are back on track for whatever your allotted time is. NO EXCEPTIONS.  The toughest thing about making the transition to healthy eating is not hunger itself, (your body will sustain itself on healthy food longer than junk AND you are eating more regularly than before to speed up that metabolism,) it is the mental factor.  If you do not put in your head that cheating is NOT AN OPTION, you will do it and therefore might not reach all of your set goals.  

Looking for a diet and workout plan to jumpstart your transition to a healthy lifestyle? Contact me ASAP at britttL@hotmail.com for personal training and nutrition help! It has and will keep working for me, let me help find something that works for you!

I'm off to finish my delicious CARB LOADED baguette...mmmm...thanks for checking back and until next time-

xoxo!

Britt




PS!!! Sending yet another birthday wish to my B E A uuutiful sister Courtney who turned 21 yesterday! She is currently driving the vast expanse of Kansas to see me here in the great OKC! Love you Boo :)

We are prittaayyy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment