Saturday, October 9, 2010

How do YOU enter the arena?

Hello World!

I just concluded a delicious sushi lunch at In the Raw, Bricktown with the fabulously inspiring and down to earth, Bethany Gerber, Miss Kansas USA 2010.  It was a fun, and extremely constructive lunch meeting! She imparted to me her personal pageant experiences as well as answered any questions I could think of.  Bethany is beautiful inside and out, and I look forward to getting to know her more.  Completely appropriate to the "Everyone knows Everyone" mantra in Oklahoma, I will see Bethany again tonight when I drive southbound 35 to support my teammates and friends in the NPC Red River Classic in Norman! She is doing a promotional job down there...small world! Just received a text from my teammate, friend, and fellow bikini competitor Jillian Taylor that the preliminary show went really well! I can't wait to see her strut her stuff in the finals tonight! Here is a picture of our division at our first show, Darrell Terrell's Hot Bod Fitness Modeling Competition in conjunction with the NPC Total Package Bodybuilding Show.


She is the pretty girl in the green! Can you tell we go to the same posing practices? LOL.  Here is another one of us with our coach and trainer Darrell Terrell.  It was at his encouragement and urging that I even began to believe I could achieve success in fitness and fashion modeling.  I know I speak for Jillian and all of Darrell's other athletes in saying "THANK YOU DARRELL" for teaching us to believe in ourselves and helping us chase our dreams!


I am proud to say that I took home 3rd at Hot Bod and equally proud to say that Jillian rocked it and took home 1st place! Sounds like prelim's went the same way today, Jillian needs to place Top 5 to qualify for nationals in Atlanta next week! I have full confidence she will do just that! Keep working hard Jillian, it is such an honor to have a teammate equally motivated and driven to succeed :)

More pictures from NPC Red River Classic to be posted shortly!

I am also writing as promised to recognize my second featured sponsor of the week, Lush Fashion Lounge! I had the honor of walking in the Sunset at Sapphire Fashion Show for Lush and Jen Austin Designs back in September.  Owner Carrie Boevers' collection is eclectic and FUN featuring designer clothing for both men and women! Here are a couple shots from the show at Sapphire featuring pieces that are in store NOW!





Featured models:  Cherisse Miller, Shannon Green, Cory Nolan, and that's me at the end! Yes I am holding sparklers...like I said, super FUN show!

Absolutely ALL men's merchandise is currently 50% off! Come see me for a coupon for 20% off anything in the store! Lush and Carrie are absolutely fabulous and I have no doubt you will find everything you are looking for to express your individual, funky-cool style.  

Hurry in to LUSH FASHION LOUNGE today! 

They are also on Facebook :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706029390

I leave you today with a Harry Potter quote.  Albeit cheesy, this is without a doubt my favorite quote from any of the books and I read it when I need that extra little boost of confidence and help keeping my eye on the bigger picture:


"It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high.  Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew -- and so do I, thought Harry, with a fierce rush of pride, and so did my parents -- that there was all the difference in the world."

39 days until the premiere!!! Eeek! (Yes I just counted on my phone's calendar, LOL.)

Until next time, and in the true British sense, Cheerio Darlings!

xoxo

Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment