Thursday, October 14, 2010


Hello World!

Can’t start with anything except the story of 33 Chilean miners rescued this week! What an incredible story of perseverance and faith!!! I was particularly moved by the quote by 19 year old Jimmy Sanchez, “There were actually 34 of us down there, God never left us.” 69 days 2000 feet underground did not shake their faith! INCREDIBLE!!! Maybe its my hormones or even sweat in my eye, but when I heard that during cardio yesterday, I definitely teared up.  Let’s take a minute to THANK GOD that these brave individuals are finally home safe with their families recovering from this potentially tragic ordeal.  Thank you for the technology to rescue them and instilling unwavering faith in these brave men to make it through.  We can all learn so much from their example.

I would like to throw a special shout out to NPC competitors and friends competing at NATIONALS in Atlanta, GA this weekend!

The ridiculously beautiful NPC bikini competitor, Jennifer Baker:



And the gorgeous, infinitely kind NPC figure competitor, Chazz Gorzek Anderson:



Chazz was also Mrs. Oklahoma 2006 so she has been helping me out with pageant questions as well.  I first saw both girls at NPC Oklahoma 2010 and was personally inspired by their hard work and dedication, not to mention rockin’ bods!!! You both are amazing, thank you for inspiring me to chase my own dreams, and most of all

KICK SOME TAIL THIS WEEKEND!!!

Kudos to my buddy Lyndsee Gray Hargett for hitting the gym this week! It is a BIG step getting back in there and into those healthy lifestyle habits, and I am proud of you!

I am really excited to announce that I started an extensive training program with my good friend and Former roommate, Amy Brooks.  She is tall, blonde, and beautiful! I think we have been mistaken for sisters twice at the gym this week, countless times together on our volleyball team at UCO.  I am so excited to take this journey with you and can’t wait to help you along the path to reaching your personal fitness goals! Amy came and supported me in my first fitness competition, and I am happy she gleaned inspiration and drive from the experience to begin on her own path to a healthier lifestyle! You go girl!

Amy and I before the Total Package Fitness Competition and NPC Show 2010, gotta LOVE that ridic fitness tan!


With the remarkable convenience that is Facebook, I continue to meet more and more contestants for the state pageant ever week! I am so excited and honored to have the opportunity to compete with such an outstanding group of women! Regardless of results, I believe this will be a truly rewarding weekend for all of us.  It has already been a life-changing experience for me this far, and we are still 6 weeks away!

A special thank you to my fellow TALL GALS who have already enjoyed commendable success on the Miss Universe circuit, Kelsey Moore, Miss Texas USA 2010, and Katie Whittier, Miss Maine USA 2010.  Though we have just begun networking, I am so personally inspired by these former athletes that have made a flawless transition from jerseys to bikinis and court shoes to heels.  Tall girls rock and it makes me so happy to see how other girls have embraced their height and reflected their true beauty with it, inside and out.  You make me believe that I too can do it :)

Coming up for me this week:

First day on the new job tomorrow at 6! Come see me at Dan O'B's!

Fun studio shoot with CD Photography on Monday!

First commercial audition in over 10 years on Saturday! It's been a while, and certainly a lot has changed from my "Mom's like you choose Jiff!" days! 

Meeting with the lovely Laci Scott Sunday again for pageant prep.  Have I mentioned she is amazing?!

My goal is to have ALL pageant expenses and budget COVERED by October 25th, so I can take the full month to prepare myself mentally and be the best ME I can be come November 26th! If you or anyone you know is interested in joining the Miss Greater Oklahoma City USA 2011 Sponsor Team for the Miss Oklahoma USA 2011 Pageant, please contact me asap!!! We are getting down to the wire people! Thank you all so much for your continued support, could not do it without you!

Working on finding a gown that is LONG ENOUGH this week! Haven't had much luck yet, but I am totally open to suggestions!!!

Stumbled upon this "Thinker" quote on my latest stroll through the Quote Garden:

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders." -Anonymous (www.quotegarden.com/adversity.html)

Powerful!


Stay tuned for next week’s featured sponsor coming up this weekend!

xoxo

Britt


6 weeks and counting....LET'S DO THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment